FLIHH founder Sheri Damon is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with 28 years of experience working with women, children, and families and has consulted or trained in a number of professional arenas. Damon is an expert in treating eating disorders, technology addiction, and healthy technology use, women experiencing distress with child-rearing/child behavior difficulties, as well as relationship issues and care taking stressors. Damon brings a unique perspective for working with people across the lifespan. All these experiences have inspired creative interventions, a cognitive-behavioral, “mind and body” approach to therapy, and attention to the numerous intervening life factors in healing.
Damon’s critically acclaimed “Power to Re-Connect” presentation is heavily sought after for parent events, as well as school and professional organizational training.
Damon’s expertise lies in the treatment of:
- Technology addiction with a focus on developing and maintaining healthy relationships with technology
- Eating disorder recovery
- Developing behavioral intervention plans
- Decreasing symptoms of anxiety and depression through cognitive, behavioral, and mind-body techniques
Sheri Damon | LMHC, NCC
FLIHH Founder & President
Affiliations & Education
- Adjunct Professor Cambridge College School of Professional Counseling
- Leadership Team Member of the Cape & Island Family Support Network link to http://capeandislandsfsn.com
- Board Member of the South Shore Coalition of Independent Therapists.
- Member of the Massachusetts Mental Health Counselors Association and maintains a strong working relationship with a number of professionals, local schools and a variety of state agencies.
- Damon’s formal education includes a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, Ph.D. level training from Northeastern University, and a B.A. from Clark University.