Who We Are
The Foundation for Learning and Inspiring Health and Healing (FLIHH) is a destination where services for women, children & adolescents, employers and employees, counselors and families, through mind, body, and spirit can learn strategies to promote wellness or recover from illness in an environment that aligns with our values to be more in sync with nature, our planet, what impacts our bodies, what fosters growth and contentment. We exist to create an opportunity for effective therapies, experiential learning, connection, resilience, and positive focus to come together.
FLIHH is a dream realized for founder Sheri Damon, LMHC. Building on her effective and successful practice formerly known as Alternative Consultation, Counseling, and Training (ACCT), the FLIHH team strives to achieve the highest standards in behavioral health care, training, and consultation through a mind-body focused approach incorporating proven strategies to achieve overall wellness.
FLIHH provides a range of services to adults, adolescents, and families, as well as businesses, schools, and treatment facilities. FLIHH’s goal is to enhance, strengthen and/or provide alternatives in advancing mental wellness through:
- Behavioral health care services
- Retreats and workshops
- Professional development
Who We Serve
- Businesses can refresh, motivate and improve their staff dynamics and emotional health.
- Educational staff can acquire techniques and effective strategies for working with students with a variety of mental health needs, learning styles, motivational needs and interests.
- Families can learn how to work together to resolve complex illnesses such as Eating Disorders and Tech Addiction
- Kids and young adults can reach their goals while working with a caring and connected team familiar to them.
- Women can resolve issues with eating, body image, anxiety, and depression.
Meet Sheri Damon, LMHC
FLIHH founder Sheri Damon is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with 28 years of experience working with women, children, and families and has consulted or trained in a number of professional arenas. Damon is an expert in treating eating disorders, technology addiction, and healthy technology use, women experiencing distress with child-rearing/child behavior difficulties, as well as relationship issues and caretaking stressors.
Damon brings a unique perspective for working with people across the lifespan. All these experiences have inspired creative interventions, a cognitive-behavioral, “mind and body” approach to therapy, and attention to the numerous intervening life factors in healing.
Damon’s critically acclaimed “Power to Re-Connect” presentation is heavily sought after for parent events, as well as school and professional organizational training.
Damon’s expertise lies in the treatment of:
- Technology addiction with a focus on developing and maintaining healthy relationships with technology
- Eating disorder recovery
- Developing behavioral intervention plans
- Decreasing symptoms of anxiety and depression through cognitive, behavioral, and mind-body techniques
Affiliations & Education
- Adjunct Professor Cambridge College School of Professional Counseling
- Leadership Team Member of the Cape & Island Family Support Network link to http://capeandislandsfsn.com
- Board Member of the South Shore Coalition of Independent Therapists.
- Member of the Massachusetts Mental Health Counselors Association and maintains a strong working relationship with a number of professionals, local schools and a variety of state agencies.
- Damon’s formal education includes a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, Ph.D. level training from Northeastern University, and a B.A. from Clark University.
Welcome our newest staff members!
Andrea Szebeni, MS, RD, LD/N
As a Registered Dietitian, Andrea provides client-focused nutrition therapy to empower individuals in the recovery process of any eating disorder. Andrea caters to changing both men and women’s relationship with food in a unique approach, which equips her clients through all phases in the progression of their own personal recovery. She has a diversified background working with athletes suffering from the physical pressures, along with clients struggling with food, body image, and self-acceptance, as it is related to food.
Andrea holds a Masters of Science Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from Florida International University and is currently finishing her work on a Doctorate degree in Health Psychology, specializing in eating disorders. Andrea has developed several successful eating disorder programs across the country working as a private consultant and even owned her own center in Boca Raton, Florida. Her philosophy has been established with the intent to understand each individual, their eating disorder struggles and the most effective nutrition approach for all clients.
Amanda Kravitz, LICSW
Amanda is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker from New York. She earned her bachelor’s degree in Psychology at SUNY Oswego and her master’s degree in Social Work at Binghamton University. With work in various settings such as PHP, IOP, and transitional in-home care, Amanda is able to help her clients identify their needs at all stages of their personal journey. While specializing in eating disorder recovery, Amanda also helps individuals struggling with substance abuse and addiction, anxiety, trauma, and relationship issues. Amanda enjoys working with children, adolescents, and adults, utilizing techniques such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness practice and more. Understanding that each person comes to therapy at different stages of readiness, Amanda empowers and guides clients to move toward their “life worth living” at a comfortable pace, while focusing on continual personal growth.
Look for Jessy at FLIHH!
Jessy has been with FLIHH and Butterflihh Farm since November 2017 as Sheri’s office assistant, farmhand, and jack of all trades! Jessica graduated in 2006 with a B.S. in Science and spent ten years working as a microbiologist in the biotech industry. But it was never a good fit for her, so a year ago she quit her career to go back to school to be a veterinary technician. She is currently attending Massasoit Community College for an Associate’s in Applied Science in Veterinary Technology, with the goal of going into large animal or wildlife medicine. She lives on a farm with her partner Nate, two cats, two dogs, and a whole mess of farm animals!
Looking for her at FLIHH? She’s usually either at her desk in the waiting area, or out back slinging hay to our goats and the mini horse!